ecoMEDIAeurope is an educational network
(co-financed by the European Commission under COMENIUS C3)
The main thematic areas of the network are focusing
on the strategic development of ICT and new media in education.
- Building up specific know-how about the different European ICT strategies in education on all levels as the use of ICT for training and teaching varies widely.
- Exchange of experiences as European education methodology in combination with ICT use is quite varied. Exchange of experience will mainly be gained at international conferences and workshops.
- Taylor cut transfer of knowledge to balance lack of know-how and different standards in various countries, requirement of ICT use for education and training is significant.
- Promotion of all forms of innovation in the ICT based school education. The objective is to render available contents for ICT based education and to create a learning community for teachers and students.
MAIN ACTIVITIES and TYPE of ACTIVITIES
- development of “good practices projects” related to ICT Comenius projects
- research on the state of art within the thematic network area via three working groups
- improvement of educational systems (strategic development with new concept and measures)
- to act as European information point and development of new co-operations
- improving standards of educational policies as well as skills and knowledge of educational staff
For the on-going changes of media areas we need modern and modified strategic measures for further development and training on a European level. Presently there are no realistic concepts for a European visible strategy, all strategies are based on pilot projects and individual initiatives. EcoMedia-Europe should lead to:
- experience from previous projects should be used effectively, EcoMedia Europe would like and has the knowledge to develop a common strategy of various measures and individual initiatives
- try to keep costs to a minimum for schools in the expensive IT sector with new developed concepts and strategies
- improving the standard of current and future COMENIUS projects within the thematic area
- more teacher are to motivated to use ICT tools in education, qualitative use of ICT is to be increased (for example, language learning via ICT, eLearning in various subjects)
- teachers and students are to be familiarized with opportunities to use SchoolNets
- intercultural dialogue between schools should be fostered and a balanced diversity of languages should be promoted
Project information also available in FRENCH ITALIAN SPANISH ROMANIAN DANISH